Horizontal Body Type
To find your body type you need to do 2 things.
- Measure your bust, waist (at its smallest part), and hips (at their largest part)
- Look at a full size mirror and assess your silhouette (the outline of your body) from front and sideways view.
- If your bust measurements are the same or very close to your hips measurement and you have a well defined waist – you are an Hourglass Body Type. Here are some examples of hourglass body types: Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson, Raquel Welch (she is probably the most perfect hourglass I can think of).
- If your bust line, waist and hips are equal or very similar (there is no a defined waist) you are a Rectangle Body Type. Also when you look at yourself from the side your bottom may look flat. Some examples of a rectangle body type are Gwyneth Paltrow, Nicole Kidman, Cameron Diaz
- If your bust, waist and hips are equal or the waistline is slightly bigger than the hips and bust line. Shoulders are soft and rounded and the bottom (from a sideways view) is curved. You are most likely Oval Body Type. Perfect examples of oval body type are Oprah, Adel and Octavia Spencer
- If your bust line is narrower than your hips. Your bust is smaller than your hips when looking at yourself sideways and your bottom is curved. You are a Triangle Body Type. Take a look at J Lo, Shakira and Kim Kardashian, they all have curvy bottoms and their busts are visibly smaller then their hips.
- If your bust line is broader than your hips in measurements and when looking at your silhouette sideways you are most likely an Inverted Triangle Body Type. Very good examples of this body type are Demi Moore, Renee Zellweger and Angelina Jolie.