Characteristics of the inverted triangle body
- Your shoulders are wider than your hips and waist.
- Your bust is large and full.
- Your hips and the derriere are smaller.
- Your waist is well defined.
- You may have flat bottom and slim legs.
- Athletic silhouette
- You may have short legs
The most important factor when choosing what to wear is your body type. Knowing what shape your body has and what styles and silhouettes to choose for that particular body shape will guarantee that you will always look great.
What to wear
Your goal is to create volume and width around your hip area and to make your lower body to look the same width and length as your upper body. Wear darker colors on top and lighter on the bottom. Pleated and flared skirts work very well as well as bubble and tulip styles. Wear wide legged or flared at the bottom pants. Make sure to define the waistline using belts or choosing fitted styles. Wear V neck, fitted tops avoiding big shoulders and details.
What not to wear
- Oversized collars and sleeves
- Very small patterns on top
- Skinny pants
- Straight skirts