Characteristics of the oval body
- Your shoulders could be narrower or as wide as your hips.
- Your neck may be fuller.
- Your waist is as wide or larger than the shoulders and the hips.
- Your legs could be in very good shape.
- This is a shape usually created by weight gain.
The most important factor when choosing how to dress is your body type. Knowing what shape your body has and what styles and silhouettes to choose for that particular body shape will guarantee that you will always look great.
WHAT TO WEAR
For this body type the main goal is to visually make the silhouette look longer and slimmer as well as to create a waistline. As a general rule wear darker colors on the top as well as vertical, lines, seams or stripes. V necklines are recommended as well as long necklaces and scarves that are draping down, this will elongate the body and create an illusion of a slimmer silhouette. To define the waistline try wearing 2 piece suits where the blazer is tailored at the waistline and is lighter color than what you wear underneath. Also you may try wearing tops and bottoms with the same color, which creates a visual illusion that your body is longer and slimmer.
Try to avoid putting the accent on the largest part of the body; instead wear bold jewelry including earrings to bring the attention to your face and neckline.
What not to wear
- Avoid tucking in the tops
- Small patterns (as they emphasizes large shapes)
- Designs with horizontal stripes
- Heavy pleating, ruffles, or any extra decorations around the waistline and bust area
- Very fitted styles or wide leg and baggy pants.