Characteristics of the triangle body
- Your shoulders and waist are narrower than the hips.
- Your shoulders also could be narrow or sloping.
- You may have large hips and small bust line.
- Your waist is well defined, your tights may be full and your bottom could be round.
The most important factor when choosing how to dress is your body type. Knowing what shape your body has and what styles and silhouettes to choose for that particular body shape will guarantee that you will always look great.
What to wear
Create a balance between your smaller shoulders and the hips. The goal is to create visual illusion that your shoulders are wider. Use lighter or brighter colours on top, shoulder pads or styles with cup sleeves. Choose wide, off shoulders necklines, and big collars that will emphasize the shoulder line. You can definitely afford details like ruffles, pleats, or patterns for your tops but make sure your bottoms are darker, simple, and tight. Wear straight pants and avoid pleats and gathers at the waist and hips area. Wear boxy or oversized outerwear.
What not to wear
- Dropped waist dresses
- Tulip shaped or bubble skirts
- Pleats, gathers or details around the hip area
- Wide legged pants
Here are some silhouettes perfect for your body type