How To Shop For Clothes
What is a makeover without shopping? And sometimes shopping for clothes, as we all know, can be very frustrating and time consuming and many people hate doing it. However it is a task that has to be done on a regular basis if you want to have a working wardrobe that is functional, modern and most importantly works for your lifestyle, body type and natural colouring. Ultimately you want to dress in clothes that boost your self esteem and make you feel confident and comfortable. Here are some tips that will make your shopping easier.
- First and most important – know what you are looking for. Make yourself a list with the pieces you need based on your wardrobe clusters (see the section Build your Wardrobe). This will save you time and it will prevent you from impulse buying.
- Review the notes you have for your particular body type and know what silhouettes work best for you (see the section Body Types for details).
- Make sure you know your colours well (see Colour Analysis for details). If you have a colour palette take it with you, it will make your life easier.
- Shop alone, it is faster and prevents you from getting influenced by your friends’ opinions – they will most likely make you buy pieces that they like but are irrelevant to your body and colour profile. This will also help you develop your personal style.
- Always ask for help in the store and let the sales associates know what you are looking for.
- Try everything on and use the 3D mirror.
- Read the labels for fabric content and washing instructions (sometimes the items are very hard to take care of and are not worthed buying).
- Before you go out there and start shopping make a research. Go on-line and check the websites of the retailers you are most often shopping from and see if you can find items you like and are looking for.
- If you don’t have time or hate shopping the best think to do is to buy everything online. It is a great way of shopping, it is safe and fast and it is all done in the convenience of your own home. Most retailers have very comprehensive size system to make your life easier and will do a full refund if an item doesn’t work for you or you don’t like it.