Inverted Triangle Body Type
Characteristics of the inverted triangle body
The most important factor when choosing what to wear is your body type, so knowing what shape is your body and what styles and silhouettes are best for your particular body type will guarantee that you will always look great.
If you are Inverted Triangle:
- Your shoulders are wider than your hips and waist.
- Your bust is large and full.
- Your hips and the derrière are smaller.
- Your waist is well defined.
- You may have flat bottom and slim legs.
- Athletic silhouette
- You may have short legs
Some celebrities with inverted triangle body type are Reneé Zellweger, Demi Moore, Naomi Campbell and Teri Hatcher
What to wear for Inverted Triangle Body
Your goal is to create volume and width around your hip area making your lower body look proportionate to your torso. One way to achieve this is by wearing darker colours on top and lighter on the bottom, this will create an optical illusion of a wider lower body. The same illusion can be created by wearing pleated, flared or bubble and tulip shaped skirts. You can also wear wide legged or flared at the bottom pants and can definitely afford pants with gathering and pleats around the waist and thighs. Make sure to define your waistline too, this will create a balanced silhouetted and will give your body a nice hourglass shape. To balance your upper body proportions, wear V necks, fitted tops avoiding big shoulders and a lot of details, keep it tight, dark and simple.
What not to wear
- Oversized collars, cowl necks, off-shoulder, asymmetrical, one shoulder
- Puff sleeves, dolman sleeves, bell and cap sleeves
- Very small patterns on top, as this will optically enlarge your upper body
- Skinny pants
- Straight, pencil and A-line skirts